Sunday, December 30

Nearing the end

Of the year, that is. This will be the last post on this blog for the year 2007. I've finished packing my stuff, and I'll be leaving for my hometown in approximately 7 hours. I'll have my laptop with me, but no access to them Internets, so there won't be any real updates for the next ten days or so.

I had initially thought of doing a "Year in Recap" sort of thing, but eh. Everybody does that anyway, and my own effort wouldn't really add anything special. I can however make a quick mention of my favorite "things" of the year.

Music: Magic - Bruce Springsteen
Movie: The Bourne Ultimatum
Videogame: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: And Justice For All
Book: Harry Po... hah, as if! Didn't really read any books that came out in '07. Had I finished the Greek novel "Του φιδιού το Γάλα" ("The Snake's Milk" or something along those lines) already, that would have been my choice.
TV Show: House M.D.
Comic book: Thor

One year ago this day, I was thinking that 2006 was a decent, but seriously uneventful year. Well, 2007 was anything but uneventful... And that means that lots of bad happened along with the good. This condition has a name, you may be familiar with it. It's called "Life."

2007 was certainly a bad year for my country, Greece. But that goes beyond the point of this post. I might get back to it in '08.

Regrets for '07? Not managing to finish the A Song of Ice and Fire series, which I started all the way back in late January '07 with A Game of Thrones, as I'm still 600 pages away from finishing A Feast for Crows. Unless I go on a total reading binge in the remaining two days, which has happened in the past. Also, never managing to finish those damn articles for this blog, I hope I'll get back to them eventually.

Things to look forward to in '08? Lots. Metal Gear Solid 4, the Dark Knight, new Indiana Jones and X-Files movies, A Dance With Dragons (fingers crossed) to name just a few. Hopefully a live gig here or there too. Shame I won't get to enjoy most of those as I'll be stuck cleaning toilets and sweeping yards in the army. Such glorious times to come!

Ah, but this is no time to whine. No matter how forced it may seem at times, 'tis the season to be jolly. Smile ya bastards, it's free.

Have a happy new year.

No comments: