Thursday, January 10

There and Back Again

I may have a few more kilos and fewer hair than I used to, but I'm back in Athens. Karditsa, my hometown, felt like London lately, or perhaps even Silent Hill with all that damn fog going around night and day. The cold wasn't very welcoming, either.

Seems like I'm back just on time, as the Daily Show and the Colbert Report re-appeared after a long hiatus, although they're still missing their writers. I've only seen one TDS episode so far, but I thought it was still as funny as usual.

I can't wait to see what they'll have to say about the New Hampshire primary results, which saw Hilary clinching the win with a small 3% difference, and McCaine winning the Republican primary, despite most people writing him off already. Moreover, Bill Clinton called Obama's campaign the "Biggest Fairy Tale I've ever seen!" Ouch. Looks like the kid gloves are off. /cliché.

I'm not sure why I'm keeping such a close eye on the primaries. $10 say that if I were American I'd probably wouldn't give a shit about them and probably wouldn't even vote either. Don't tell anyone, but I only decided to vote on the Greek election about two hours before the deadline.

What I'd really like to know is what the HELL are Darth Vader and Yoda doing in Soulcalibur 4. I mean, WHAT?! Spawn and Link in Soul Calibur 2 at least made a little bit of sense from a purely marketing point of view, and could even perhaps convince people buy more than just one version of the game. Spawn still was a friggin' weird idea to which I had objected back then as well, but his creator, Todd McFarlane, or rather his company, was creating Soul Calibur action figures back then. So go figure.

But Darth Vader and Yoda? Sweet zombie Jesus. I hope that Inigo Montoya and Zorro will appear in SC5. Now that'd be something to wait for.

No comments: