Sunday, December 30

Obama's "Our Moment is Now" Speech

I may not be American, but I take special interest in American politics, if perhaps only so that I'll be up to date with Jon Stewart's jokes.

In any case, I've been trying to follow Barack Obama's campaign closely, as I feel there's something different about the guy. Being European, I'm mostly interested in his foreign policies and on that respect he's not that different from what we Europeans have come to expect from a would-be American president. Still, his domestic policies do seem to be rather different, on paper at least.

His "Our Moment is Now" speech which I'll link to below is definitely powerful, and I liked how he avoided pointing too many fingers at the rest of the candidates (something all too common in Greek politics) and rather called the people for unity. Naturally, nobody's that idealistic and you should never, ever trust a word a politician says, but you never know. He might actually do a good job if he's elected.



(This post is seriously lacking. I'd re-write it but I'm too stuffed with food to do such a thing.)

No comments: