Friday, December 28

You buy Doovdé?

I wasn't familiar with the Fonejacker, but apparently he's something of a phenomenon on the Internets. I generally find pranks a bit retarded, and not always that funny, but there's something in this Doovdé thing.

I might be reading way too much into this, but I find that the following video is a wonderful satire of a certain aspect of today's societies. This obsession with technology and related abbreviations is really getting out of hand. And while I understand the bit about technology, why is it that it's necessary all of a sudden to memorize myriads of acronyms that might mean a billion different things, depending on the context? And why is it that someone is considered an idiot for not knowing said acronyms?

It doesn't affect my generation that much, and definitely not the one following mine, but people like 30 years ago barely had a TV and/or a radio in their house while growing up, especially in countries like Greece. How are they supposed to learn all these things? What's even better is that in most cases, even the people laughing at others when they don't know how to pronounce "DVD" don't really know what the acronyms actually mean, they just memorize them. For example, do you know what "NTSC" stands for? I do, but my mind has endless capacity for useless information.

Anyway, it's exactly these reasons why I find this "Jerk" video so damn funny. Watch it and make up your mind for yourselves:

No comments: