Sunday, December 16

This can't be life V.2

Terry Pratchett, the famous author of the Discworld series, is reported to be suffering by Alzheimer's.

Pratchett, 59, arguably one of the funniest people in the world/universe comment on his situation was the following:

"I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think."

This has only added to my respect for the man. I first came across his Discworld universe in the eponymous adventure game that came out in 1994, followed by a few Discworld novels and Bad Omens, which he co-wrote with Neil Gaiman (and which I've shamelessly stolen from you, Tom.)

Alzheimer's disease is such an unfair situation to go through, both for the person and the ones near him or her. My best wishes to you and your family Mr. Pratchett.

2 comments:

Tom said...

You're the person I loaned that book to!

If you get a chance, give it back to Sasha. I borrowed it from her.

George said...

It's hers? :o I didn't know.

I'll try to see if I can find her, though it's been a while since we last met.