Saturday, November 24

So what's the big deal about...

...Facebook? Really. Seems like everyone has an account there these days, it's an even bigger phenomenon than MySpace, which I hate by the way. Even Greek PC-gaming mags are having special articles covering Facebook, when it doesn't really have anything to do with gaming.

Not to mention that according to an "insider" (called Pavlos, who has nothing to do with Facebook or anything at all, really), the C.I.A has partial ownership of the site or something. Edit: Source can be found here.

Mildly amusing, at the very least. Furthermore, the Facebook people are free to use your picture without your consent. Some scary shit there.

I'm sure there's a deep sociological observation to be made here, but I'm not really sure I can be bothered. I'll wait until someone else does it and then quote it here, signing with an /agree.

As with most successful things, there's bound to be a sort of copycat-I-hate-this-idea-but-I'm-doing-something-similar thing. In this case, it's called Hatebook. It's supposed to be a place where you can vent out your irrational hatreds, but it reeks of so much generic anger. I think I'll contain my 100% irrational, unjustifiable hate in this blog for now.

If you're wondering, yes I also have an account of Facebook. However, I've forgotten my password, which in retrospect may have been a subconscious choice.

Last thing for this post, in case you missed it, a pretty sad and weird tale about Animal Crossing.

No comments: