Friday, November 2

And I'm off

I'm still not sure what it was I wanted to write about two days ago. Probably something about Frank Sinatra and the 4-cd collection I picked up earlier this week. I guess that'll have to wait.

I finally managed to watch Stardust yesterday, I thought it was thoroughly entertaining, and not that different from the book, unlike what most people were suggesting. I'm aware of the fact that some Gaiman fanboys make the rest of us look bad. I wasn't too fond of a couple of changes (the unicorn not dying, at least it's not made clear it does, the "twist" and the overall fight at the end) but the rest all made sense from a cinematic point of view. Overall, it's exactly like the book, simple (not simplistic) but really charming.

Back in the real world, Stephen Colbert's presidential bid has been rejected by the Democrats, with a vote of 13 to 3. Boo, hiss! How could you do that to the man?

I'm leaving for my hometown in a couple of hours, so now I'll have an actual excuse for not updating for a few days. Le gasp! In the meantime, here's another video from my favorite World of Warcraft machinima series, "Snacky's Journal", Roberto's Halloween Special. It even has Sinatra!

No comments: