Wednesday, October 31

Tip Off time

Expect a flurry of updates today, as I think it's a nice way to end the most productive month this blog as ever seen. I also have a lot of things I'd like to speak about.

First of all, happy Halloween if you celebrate it, you godless heathens! Halloween is always a fun time, or at least that's how it seems like to a guy who has lived all his life in an Orthodox Christian country.

Anyway, after a long wait, the NBA season has finally started. Kobe Bryant hasn't been traded yet, but he seem to be eager to show that despite not liking the team he's in, he's still a professional. Kobe scored 45 points against the Rockets last night, which still weren't enough for his team as they lost 95-92 with a clutch three-pointer by Rockets forward Shane Battier. I still can't understand how a Phil Jackson team can be so mediocre as this Lakers team of the last couple of years.

In other games, the reigning champions San Antonio Spurs edged out the Blazers and Utah defeated Golden State, neither of which results should surprise anyone. I'm wondering if Kirilenko will see any more playing time than last year, after his less-than-favorable comments about the Jazz coach last September. He probably won't, which is a shame as he's a great player.

I think I'll be rooting for the Bulls this year, as I really like their younger players and I'm a Ben Wallace fan. I also really liked Scott Skiles (their current coach) as a player, and he's not a bad coach either. I don't really see them doing any better than last year when they reached the conference semi-finals, but you never know with the East conference. Hell, if the Cavs can make the NBA finals, anything is possible.

I'll also be rooting for the Washington Wizards since Gilbert Arenas is really damn awesome. His blog is really entertaining to read, and he's just as good as a basketball player too. He has amazing confidence in his skills and for that reason makes for an excellent clutch shooter.

Closing this first post for the day with an advertisement for the NBA, starring no other than Gilbert Arenas.

No comments: