Sunday, October 21

I need a Hiro

Having just recently watched the fourth episode of the second season of Heroes, I feel the need to jump on the bandwagon. So far, this season has sucked. Royally. Imperially, perhaps.

Yes, it's only four episodes so far, so there's still a lot of time for its creators to get it back on track, but do you really trust them? Lost had sort of lost its touch for a while during Season 2 and parts of Season 3, but it was never this boring. Outside of Charlie-based episodes, anyway.

I should point out at this point that I was never crazy about Heroes, I've always thought it's a fun, if pretty forgettable show, with mediocre acting and uneven writing. And this is coming from a guy who grew up on Marvel comic books, so you should know what my standards are like.

I could never really understand how the show became so popular with the mainstream, especially here in Greece where any TV show/movie slightly removed from reality is labeled as "childish". I guess its simplistic, yet entertaining, nature made people overlook that, and that's definitely not a bad thing.

But these first episodes of season 2, good gods... It's like watching the O.C., only people can also fly and bore you to death with inane conversations here.

Hiro has always been the most interesting character in Heroes for most people, myself included, and having him stuck on his own in feudal Japan is probably one of the reasons why the show has been really dull so far.

Still, it's not all bad. As I said earlier, there's still a long time to go before the season ends, so I'm not giving up on the show yet. Plus, Kristen Bell (the star of the now canceled Veronica Mars show) is coming on the show for a few episodes, starting tomorrow, so that's a definite improvement. Here's hoping.

In other news, Kimi Raikkonen just won the Formula 1 championship, and even though I've lost interest in the sport in general, I've always been a fan of Kimi. I also like seeing Fernando Alonso lose, because he's an arrogant prick. Suck it, Fernie.

No comments: