Thursday, May 24

I guess I jinxed it

So we have a new Champions League uh... champion. AC Milan defeated Liverpool 2-1 last night, my little posting trick didn't work this time around, I guess it doesn't work if you're doing it on purpose, as Liverpool was unable to recover from being 2-0 down.

All in all, it was a fairly boring game, in all honesty. Maybe I'm a bit jaded with football these days, but the whole tempo of the game was pretty tame. Milan just did their job well, scored a (lucky) goal as the first half was about to end, and then proceeded to lock down Liverpool's attackers with incredible precision, almost cold-blooded one could say.

Liverpool didn't do much, all in all. It was kind of disappointing for the club that managed to recover from three down just two years ago, this time around it felt as if they were lacking the willpower to win (eh, cliches for the loss). Perhaps it was Milan's excellent defense, but certain Liverpool key players like Gerrard where nowhere to be found all game long.

In the end, the better team won, so it's all good I guess. And I'm happy for this guy:



39 year old, Paolo Maldini. Milan's captain for so many years I've actually lost count, quite possibly the most complete defender or heck, the best defender ever. Also my favorite football player of all time. So it's all good in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will the George update again beforethe end of the month?
Place your bet at howmuchlazyness.com !

George said...

Look who's talking Paulos, you can't even get yerself a proper name. Or even post a proper comment!

GG, as the cool kids say.