Sunday, April 20

Things that blow your mind

I came across a thread in the NeoGAF forums today that's been around for a while, with the subject of things that blow your mind. Several really do live up to their name, for example this picture, or perhaps this one (not a .gif!) or rather this one that is guaranteed to make you feel like a small, insignificant gnat.

Or better yet, the fact that Hugh Laurie, the guy playing Greg House in House M.D., played the role of the father in the Stewart Little movies. I said "what the fuck."

But then I tried the beer I picked up at a local place yesterday. It's called Timmermans and it's cherry-flavored.



"But cherry is for sissies!" I can hear some dickbags shout already. Fuck right off, is my response.

Yes, cherry flavor is not the first thing I associate beer with, but damn. This thing tastes like cough syrup, you know, the kind you had as a kid, the one that tasted so damn delicious you had to pretend you were sick so you could drink some more. Only this baby also has alcohol, which makes it even better by default.

In fact, it's the combination of these two that make this beer a strong candidate for the Best Thing Ever award. My lone cause for concern is the fact that, due to its sweetness, this drink is deceptively strong, and you tend to drink it rather fast so it gets to you even faster. Of course, this is not necessarily a bad thing, so you know.

TL;DR version:

Laugh at George as he gets a bit tipsy on a single bottle of beer, but don't neglect to try this beer for yourselves. Seriously. I'm not even using italics, that's how serious I am right now.

No comments: