Tuesday, April 8

Rejoice, ye faithfu... hey, wait a second.

The rumor has been going on for about a week. Rock Band will finally be released in Europe on May 23, though only for the Xbox360 at first, with a subsequent PS3 release in late Summer/early Autumn.

Earlier today, IGN reported that this is indeed the case. Being the happy owner of a X360, I was thinking to myself, "Haha, suckers!" To make things even better, and to make up for the huge delay, Rock Band EU will feature the following exclusive songs:

English
  • "Beetlebum" by Blur
  • "Rock 'n' Roll Star" by Oasis
  • "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel
  • "Hysteria" by Muse

German
  • "Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen
  • "Perfekte Welle" by Juli
  • "Countdown to Insanity" by H-Block X

French
  • "Manu Chao" by Les Wampas
  • "New Wave" by Playmo

When I first laid eyes on the list, I could only see one thing:

- "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel

- "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel

- "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel

WHAT.

GET THAT SHIT OUT OF HERE.

It almost ruined the game for me. Then I saw this:

-----> "Hysteria" by Muse <-----

And I felt better again. Little did I know that things would get much worse...

You see, despite the fact that the Euro has been gaining over the Dollar for a while now, games are still more expensive over here, and best case scenario is that there will be a 1:1 Euro/Dollar ratio when it comes to game prices.

However, in this case EA decided to keep a 1:1 English Pound/Dollar ratio. So that means that Rock Band European Edition will cost one hundred and eighty pounds. That translates to two hundred and fourty Euros, or three hundred and fifty three Dollars. Two hundred and fourty fucking Euros. For a game. Regardless of its undoubtedly great quality, that price is simply insane.

Hell, I'd buy a Wii with that money.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that whoever buys the game at this price is a complete dumbass, as they're giving EA a carte blanche to price their future games whatever the fuck they want, since we'll still buy them.

I'm a self-proclaimed sheep, I own both the regular and the special editions of the LotR DVD's for example, but even I'm not that big an idiot.

TL;DR version:

EA reveals launch day (May 23) for the European version of Rock Band, with the pricetag being a pound of your flesh, a litre of your blood or half your immortal soul. George cries, curses anyone and everyone that would buy it at that price, loses faith in everything.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ολοι θέλουν να επιστρέψουν στη φύση. Απλά κανείς δε θέλει να πάει με τα πόδια.

No comments: