Monday, April 21

Stop the press! Edgeworth is back!

Miles Edgeworth that is. If the name still doesn't ring a bell, I feel sorry for you since it means you've missed out on the Ace Attorney series of games. You can't really see me right now, but this is me mocking you. Ner ner!

The Ace Attorney series is arguably one of the best adventure game franchises in recent years, and the games themselves are without a doubt the best adventure games on the Nintendo DS. Excellent dialogs, great balance between comedy and drama, clever gameplay, I've been through it before.

(Ner ner!)

What came as a surprise to me is the fact that Capcom is going to release a new spin-off based on the series, starring none other than everyone's favorite Prosecutor/Antagonist/All-around Badass, Miles Edgeworth. Since Edgeworth is one of my favorite characters in the series/genre, I'm personally thrilled.

(Ner ne... all right, I'll drop it.)

The game itself looks to be different from the main Ace Attorney franchise as these screenshots from Famitsu show, since it will be sporting a third-person camera, and perhaps even two playable characters? At least that's what I get from seeing Detective Gumshoe follow Edgeworth around, and his "Objection!" screenshot.

Apparently, there won't be any courtroom scenes in this game this time around, which is kind of a bummer, but I guess a little change is always good. Not to mention that it needs to differentiate itself from the previous games, which were all about the courtroom drama.

There's also a short trailer available, and while it doesn't really show much, it's enough to hype people up. I really love the art in this game so far.



Looks like a lot of characters from previous games are making a comeback, yay for Franziska!


TL;DR version:

Release Ace Attorney 3 and 4 in PAL-land, Capcom, please. Willing to grovel. Thanks.

No comments: