Friday, July 4

[Video Friday] A few videos for your amusement

First of all, happy 4th if July to those that applies (Americans for their Independence Day, and Greeks for their "Holy Fuck We Won the Euro" day). The menu of the day has three videos and two crazy stories for you.

Let's start with the heart-worming story of Christian the Lion. He was found as a cub by two men, who then took him and raised him as a pet. Naturally, you can't keep an adult lion as a pet, which is a damn shame if you ask me, so they eventually released him. When they saw him again after several years... well, look for yourselves:



I always wanted a lion as a pet when I was a kid, now I find myself wanting one again. ;_;

(Via Neogaf.com)

Now that you're all warm and fuzzy inside, check this story out, about a man who found out that his girlfriend was an assassin. Not a ninja assassin, as I thought at first glance (for whatever reason), but an assassin nonetheless. Amusingly, this story is bound to become a Hollywood movie, but one gets the feeling that it already has been, in one form or another. Talk about life imitating art imitating life.

(Via Neogaf.com)

And since that fuzziness inside you is probably starting to dissipate, here's a really dark and gloomy PvP video from World of Warcraft, called Diary of a Corruptor. This isn't exactly a machinima like last week's In For A Penny, but it's one of those videos that people can find entertaining even if they are not familiar with the game itself.

I understand it's kind of cheating to have this video today, but I honestly think it makes for an interesting watch for everyone. Visually it's very interesting, with top-notch editing, the soundtrack is what can be described as "awesome, dude" and the mood is fantastic. It should also be of interest to WoW players as it's from the perspective of an Affliction Warlock, as rare a breed these days as the Mutilate Rogue I used to play. Sorry, I'll start using English again.

Did I mention that it has several themes from the Silent Hill games? It's part of the reason why it's here, I'm extremely biased towards those games and their soundtracks. Watch it already:


Diary of a Corruptor - Unstable Affliction PvP from Sorrow on Vimeo.

Going from the spooky to the "What the Hell?", the story that's been in the news all day today is about that pregnant man who finally gave birth to a baby girl. If you haven't heard about this already, just read the article, I can't do justice to the... irregularity of that story.

And lastly, something different to the deluge of nuttiness, an Animaniacs compilation! A few of the best lines from their "Wheel of Morality" segment:



TL;DR version:

Muffins.

3 comments:

Tom said...

A half-hour WoW video? Seriously? Ah George... the more things change etc. etc.

OK, I'm off to play more Fallout. God damn I love that game - and a hearty "thanks" to Blizzard for getting me to play it again when, after they announced Diablo III, I remembered how much better it is then any RPG they've ever made :)

George said...

Is it 30 minutes long? I never noticed. If it has pretty pictures and nice tunes... I'm easily amused like that.

In honesty, I wanted to post that new animated teaser for Street Fighter 4, but I'll keep that for Monday.

Fallout... I'm tempted to reinstall #2 right now, actually. Never managed to finish it, back in the day.

The Fallout games are so much better than the Diablo ones though, it's hilarious.

Tom said...

Yeah, 2 is great. Once I finish 1 I'm going to install 2 and go through that again too. I may even consider installing Fallout Tactics and I might possibly, gasp!, pick up a used copy of Brotherhood of Steel for the XBox.

See, I'm on a bit of a Fallout kick all of a sudden.