Thursday, June 14

Lord, why do you test us so?

I had heard that there was a Castlevania movie in the works. I had also heard that comic book writer Warren Ellis was behind the script, and I'm a huge fan of the franchise so I was trying to remain cautiously optimistic. And then I read this:

"Scripted by Paul W.S. Anderson ("Alien vs. Predator"), the drama begins as a Transylvanian knight leads his men into a gothic castle to seek refuge from the Turkish army. The knights soon discover the castle is controlled by the original vampire."

Why God, why?

More here, be prepared to weep. In great quantities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well obviously for those of us who havent played Castlevania since the original NES version your comment was extremely cryptic tosay the least.

George said...

Read the description again.

You don't have to be a fan to realize that it sounds like a bazillion of other terrible B-movies.

You fuckers leave my Castlevania alone!

(Such eloquence, hm.)