Wednesday, January 24

While I was sleeping...

It's sorta funny (and I am using the word "funny" in a very loose sense here), if people were to ask me what I've been doing for the past couple of days, my answer would be "Uh. Sleeping", and it's true.

I guess it's what I get for dealing with deadlines the way I do. Whatever the deadline is for (article, university paper, anything) I work on it for short periods of time, but leave most of the work for the last few days before the deadline expires, in which days I forgo everything, social interaction (what's that again?), watching movies or TV, or for that matter generally doing anything, even sleeping. It comes with being Greek, I presume. So the result is that after a deadline is over, I end up sleeping for a good two days.

Anyway, the catching-up with the world part that comes after that is usually no big deal, I mean it's just a couple of days for Christ's sake. But on rare occasions, you get some really weird shit, so weird that I have to question whether I've actually woken up, or if I'm still dreaming, in which case I start worrying about the condition of my unconscious.

I mean, a 29-year old child molester tricking two other child molesters into thinking he's a 12 year old boy and having sex with them? Who comes up with that stuff? Seriously, if this was the plot of a TV show, we'd dismiss it as nonsense. Sure, the guy in question shaved his body and used make-up in order to look younger but... An adult's body looks nothing like a child's. And that's all I'm gonna say on the subject because, quite frankly, it grosses me out. This whole story's still just absurd though. Truth may be stranger than fiction, but this is pushing it.

Then again you get stuff like Hilary announcing that she'll be running for Prez in 2008, which is something you knew it'd happen eventually, at which point I was sure I had woken up. I'll be rooting for Obama however, because a man with such a skin color, and a last name and middle name ("Hussein") that evokes such negative feelings to Americans, running for President? The dude must have balls of steel. Go Obama!

But then you have to hear some even weirder things again. Quick question, which do you think is the neighborhood with the highest crime rate in the world? You have five seconds... go!

WRONG. I don't care what you answered :P. If you haven't heard this story before, there's no chance you got it right, nuh uh, I ain't believin' ya. Because, you see, the neighborhood with the highest crime rate in the whole world (aren't italics just great?) is...

The Vatican.

I'm not joking. 341 civil and 486 criminal criminal cases in 2006, out of a population of 492! As the article states, that's 1.5 cases per person. Not a bad average, no? I find the whole thing just hilarious, I don't know.

Anyway, speaking of... numbers, let's check out a new all-time low percentage.

Hey, hey, GWB,
How much lower could your approval rating be?

That's right, 28%. Keep it up George, and you'll beat even Nixon! Honestly, I do wonder what it would take for this 28% of people to, you know, not approve of monsieur Bush? I mean, that is, assuming they are familiar with the meaning of the word approve and all that. Okay, now I'm just being a dick, so I'll stop.

So those are the most interesting things that happened while I was in hibernation for the past few days. Oh, and apparently some dude took a piss on his Xbox 360. I swear, stuff like this never happen when I'm conscious. (Edit: Hellfire and brimstone, the pics in the thread died :(. This is why imageshack sucks kids, never use it. No I didn't save the pics, why would I? Ew. The story is true though, I saw the pics. Kinda wish I hadn't. Oh and scroll down a bit in that thread to see the Van Damme .gif, it is made of pure win.)

New Veronica Mars episode coming up tonight! Hopefully it will be worth the wait. Heroes' return last night was good, but a bit too slow for my taste.

Oh and as of today you can leave unregistered comments, unlike before, because people were bitc... commenting about it. I doubt this blog will attract spammers anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TI tha ginei re paikth tha blogareis katholou???
Etsi na xoume kati n asxoloumaste re palikari

George said...

Μιλάς και εσύ ρε άτομο, που βαριέσαι ακόμη και nickname να βάλεις και κάνεις comment ως ανώνυμος! Λες και είναι δύσκολο να μαντέψω ποιος είσαι. :P

Άμα θες κάτι να ασχολήσε ενδιάμεσα, http://www.nowhere-fast.net απλά.