Thursday, June 26

[Headache Thursday] So like, Euro 08 and stuff.

My head is killing me today, so this post will be really short.

Basically, I think that this year's Euro 08 championship has been alright, but nothing special. Yet most others seem to disagree and think that it's the best competition in years. It's definitely better than any of the recent World Cups I've seen, but eh, I'm not feeling it.

Last night's match was a good one, the first semifinal: Germany Vs. Turkey. I was kind of hoping Turkey would win so all the nationalistic pricks in this country would go crazy, but that striker dude Turkey had was so damn obnoxious with his "Shh" celebration after every goal he scored. Don't ruin the move, ass.

Plus the Turks, who have been pulling crazy comeback after crazy comeback in this tournament, made the mistake of scoring first. You just don't do that against the Germans, they're the people that invented the comeback.

As for the second semifinal, Russia Vs. Spain, it's currently on the 60th minute and Spain is up 1-0. Boring game so far, which is a shame because you'd expect more from two teams that are so good offensively.

*Update* So the score is 3-0 now, damn, the Spaniards bitchslapped the Russians again. I wasn't expecting that.

If Spain goes through, I'm willing to bet a lot of money that they'll choke hard against Germany. It sucks, since I don't like the German team, but I guess the old saying is true:

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
Gary Lineker

TL;DR version:

Score, you damn Russians. (so much for that)

No comments: