Tuesday, September 25

The start of a new season

Heroes season 2 debuted yesterday, and while I haven't watched it yet (read some mixed opinions, too) it does mark the start of the new TV season, at least as far as I'm concerned.

What's to look forward to? A revamped 24, the new 16-episodes per season format for Lost, the final season of Battlestar Galactica (in which I really got into this summer), and I also wonder if CSI: Las Vegas will have another main story arc, like last year, which was pretty damn awesome.

But another show I really got into this summer is House. I have to admit I was snubbing it at first, because, well, it's a show about a doctor and a hospital and well, zzz... I blame E.R. for making me think this way.

At any rate, I decided to catch a few re-runs of season 1 in a local Greek channel and oh my. A show devoted completely on a misanthropic bastard? Why didn't anyone tell me about this before?

Naturally, I fell in love with it. I also loved the CSI-esque episodes of season 1, but from what I've been reading, that changes in the next seasons. I've watched an episode from what I presume was season 2, and it was good, but not as great as some of my favorite season 1 episodes. I'll be keeping an open mind though.

And of course, Hugh Laurie is amazing. Incredible. Best misanthrope I've seen on TV since Bender.



Look deep into his eyes, as he erodes your very soul.

I was also surprised to find out that the girl playing Cameron on the show is Jennifer Morrison, whom I remembered from films like Stir of Echoes, and whom I always considered to be very talented (and cute.) Way to go Ms. Morrison.

Here's a preview of season 4, full of spoilers if you haven't watched season 3 yet (like me, arrgh!)

No comments: