Tuesday, October 31

WoW and battleground-hoping.

I should really be writing a paper right now, but I'm not, so I might as well post an update since it's been a while. If you're reading this Dr. D, I'm sorry, I really am.

Warning, this post makes no sense if you've never played World of Warcraft. I should make a translated version for normal people one day.

So after being "encouraged" by RL friends to activate my World of Warcraft account, I went back to my Druid and decided to give the cross-server Battlegrounds a try (I left WoW around May). I like how this new system allows you to hop from BG to BG with minimal effort, and you don't even have to feel bad about leaving your team since everybody does it. Not something you'd do in a pre-made, but Alliance PuG's are really funny once you stop taking them seriously.

The moment that I thought was the most fun was the following: I was queued for all 3 BG's, and as it happens usually, AB called first. I go in, 10 of us against 15, already 500-200 down in resources. I'm ordered to help at the Mine, I run there, only to be ganked by 5 Hordies. As I'm about to die, WSG calls, I leave right away. No HK's for you!

WSG looked equally dreary. 30 seconds before the match started, there were 5 of us against a pre-made, from Dragonmaw I believe. The game starts, only a couple more on our side join, nobody says anything and we just go through the gates and hope for the best. In just a few seconds almost everyone is dead, the Horde has our flag and I've barely managed to stealth to the Horde base, hoping to ninja their flag and buy us a few seconds. Unfortunately there was a warrior and a druid guarding their base, so it seemed hopeless. I decide to try it anyways, but as I'm about to jump from the balcony and grab the flag, AV calls. So I switch to bear, jump down, type /bye to the other druid and leave for AV. Can't say I wasn't polite this time!

Then I joined AV, hoping it'd be one of those times when you enter an AV as it's about to end (a friend of mine actually entered AV a couple of seconds before it ended). No such luck, it hadn't even started again. Since I was already bored and had places to go, and people to see, I give the pink paw buff (not a sexual euphemism, to those of you not familiar with WoW) to a few people and /afk'd out. For some reason that made me laugh out at the time.

Point of this post? None. But it's amusing how meaningless and pointless WoW PvP can be, and how you can basically act like an ass and not get punished for it. Hopefully the arena system in the expansion will work better.

2 comments:

Mister said...

Are you back in WoW cock?

George said...

Not anymore, no. :P