Wednesday, October 25

Olbermann on the "death" of Habeas Corpus.

I usually avoid talking about politics, for many reasons. I prefer talking about why the warrior class in Burning Crusade, the upcoming expansion to World of Warcraft is getting shafted, for example. Nor am I always up to date with what's going on. I get my politics from the Daily Show, the Colbert Report and the Sunday edition of Eleftherotypia, a local newspaper. That's about it.

But when I saw this video of Keith Olbermann over at Brooke Burgess' (the creator of Broken Saints) blog, I felt like I had to share it. I'm no Olbermann fanboi (Stephen Colbert fo' life etc.) but this rant made my respect for this man go up a hundredfold. I don't care what he may or may have not said or done in the past, on this subject, the new law allowing the U.S president to ignore Habeas Corpus as well as allowing him to interpret (interpret!) the Geneva convention, he is dead on.

Watch this video. Reflect on the consequences of this law, regardless of your political inclinations or your feelings about G.W. Bush. You may or may not harbor dreary thoughts about the future, that's up to you.

No comments: