Wednesday, September 17

[Book Wednesday] I Am America

And So Can You!

I finally managed to snag a copy of Stephen Colbert's I Am America (And So Can You!) (from the author of I Am America (And So Can You!)) yesterday, after literally months of searching. I knew beforehand that I'd like it of course, as scientists have proven* it's impossible to dislike anything Stephen Colbert does.

While America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction** read more like an actual History/Political Science book filled with jokes that are funny because they are sadly true, I Am America reads more like a memoir of Colbert's character, Stephen Colbert. Which makes sense of course, given that each book is an extension of its respective show. My favorite bits so far are all the side notes and footnotes*** in almost every page, which help extend the jokes and remind me of my favorite TCR segment, The Word.

You can visit the official I Am America site here.

* Probably. I don't keep up with everything, you know.

** Best title ever, by the way.

*** Kind of like this one. Only actually funny.

TL;DR version:

As the book informs you, by buying it you become 25% American. Hell, I'm willing to bet that you've become more American just by reading this post.

No comments: