Friday, March 21

I'd like to borrow a time machine

Willing to pay for it.

Why? Well...



Need I say more? Alright, I will. I watched episodes 2 to 8 over the last two days (and got a headache in the process, but it was so worth it) and oh my gods, what a season it's been so far. So much for my "I'm not so hyped about this season" nonsense, I'm Lost's bitch oncemore. Season 4 is nothing short of astounding. Lots of answers, more questions, great use of flashbacks, flashforwards and uh, flashbetweens (!) all around. Lost is back, baby!

Glad to hear we'll be getting the whole season this year, too. It's going to be a painful wait until the break is over, but if the above preview is any indication, it's definitely going to be worth it.

On a different note, I planned to write a long, detailed post with my opinion on why Panathinaikos didn't make it to the Euroleague play-offs, but I decided I won't do it after all. Why? Because, well, I don't wanna.

Long-story short, you can't go far in the Euroleague championship with two of your Centers injured and out of commission for months. You just can't survive on that level of competition without your big guys. The same thing happened to us back in '03 and '04.

Could Jasikevicious's paycheck have been used to buy one or two sorta-good Centers? Quite possibly. Would that have made a big difference? I personally doubt it. Saras was one of the few players actually trying these last couple of months (I'm looking at you, Becirovic) and last year we won everything, despite having two players with huge wages (Tony Delk and Robertas Javtokas) that contributed very, very little all year long.

Shit happens, at the end of the day. That's all there is to it.

No comments: