Thursday, September 21

The wonders of late night TV (and radio).

I wanted to post this yesterday but Blogger had other ideas. Oh well.

Anyhow, I've noticed over the past few months that TV during the late hours of the night is actually good. Sure, it usually has nothing to do with what's written in the TV guide, some seriously screwed up movies you were bettter off without seeing, and you must always be prepared to wait a couple of hours before the show you want to see actually starts... But there's almost always something worth watching, films like Casablanca, several Orson Welles films or the Seven Samurais (unless it's the Director's Cut, 4 hours long, don't try this at home!) or quality TV shows like Law & Order, the X-Files and so on*... And for those nights when you just can't sleep, there's always a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back or an Office Space movie to make you laugh yourself to sleep.

I did happen upon Office Space two nights ago, I had forgotten how funny that movie is. I liked Beavis and Butthead as a teen, but I'm not sure I'd still like it if I watched it today. Office Space on the other hand is still just as good. Mike Judge needs to do more movies.

Oh and after Office Space had ended, I switched on the radio and stumbled upon a love song about... Turanga Leela. How random is that? We live in a (occasionally) delightfully strange world.

*In case you're wondering why can't the Greek TV show all these shows/films on a more humane hour, don't. Wondering about things that like that, things make sense, angers the gods.

No comments: